Don't call it a comeback! Fyxation just turned 10 and to celebrate we're having a number of "X" edition releases coming out this year. The Eastside X is a tribute to the first Eastside we originally launched in 2013 and is an all matte black fixed gear/single speed designed to ride fast, last long and turn heads.
Fixed Gear or Single Speed
All Eastsides ship as a single speed so you can coast, but can very easily be converted into a fixed gear by simply rotating the rear wheel using our flip-flop hub. Single speed bikes make a ton of sense in most urban and suburban areas. They are affordable, easy to maintain and repair and make great commuter and get around town bikes. Fyxation bikes are geared for city riding so even with one gear you can cruise around town with ease.
The Gold Eastside X is built using 4130 chromoly steel for both the frame and the fork which means this beauty is light and strong. We use only sealed bearing hubs in our wheels which gives the Eastside a smooth ride and is something you typically find in higher end track and road bikes. The Eastside uses our go anywhere Session 700 tires which were originally introduced by Fyxation in 2009 and are known around the world for their durability and longevity. Finally, all Fyxation bikes ship with front and rear brakes! While this may seem silly to point out, most fixies and single speeds on the market ship with only one brake which is both unsafe and forces you to spend extra money adding parts after your initial purchase.
- Frameset: Track Geometry, Full 4130 Chromoly Eastside Frame/Fork.
- Handlebars: Pursuit Bullhorn, Ano. Finish
- Headset: Neco Loose Ball, ED Black
- Grips: Track Grips
- Saddle: Performance Saddle
- Seatpost: Alloy Post, Ano. Finish
- Crank: Fyxation Alloy Track Crank, 46T, Ano. Finish
- Freewheel: 17T
- Track Cog: 17T
- BB: Neco Sealed Bearing
- Pedals: Wellgo Alloy Cage Pedal w/Reflector
- Rim: 40mm Deep Dish, Double Wall, 32H, Machined Sidewall
- Spokes: Stainless 2.0
- Nipples: Brass
- Tires: Fyxation Session 700x28C
- Brake Caliper: Promax Ano. Finish
- Brake Lever: Promax Ano. Finish
- Cables/Housing: Jagwire
- Complete bike weight: 23-24lbs
- Gear Ratio: 46x17
- Decals: Clear coated transfer decals (non-removable)