Surly Grappler Bike
The Grappler is Surly’s dedicated drop-bar trail bike. With mountain geo designed around a comfortable, confident drop-bar hand position, it’s lively and responsive on single track, double track, and other degraded surfaces. Ready to haul essential gear for all-day dirt rides and quick bikepacking excursions, thru-axles front and rear provide ideal stiffness and handling. Built around 27.5” wheels and compatible with internally geared hub and single-speed setups, Surly’s tried-and-true Gnot-Boost spacing allows riders to run 142mm or 148mm rear hubs.
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork, featuring Surly’s proprietary ’Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, 1-1/8” headtube, non-suspension corrected
- Horizontal-slotted dropout, Surly Gnot-Boost spacing
- Seatstay-mounted bottle bosses, plus three-pack mounts at the top and bottom of the down tube and stealth dropper post routing
- E.D. coated frame for increased life expectancy
- 27.5 x 2.8” tire clearance (with or without fenders)